Go to www.richcousins.tumblr.com
Sketchbook / Year Out Update 1 28 November 2009
Share



My year out in industry may have started off slow but things are good at the moment. I have several placements lined up for next year in Italy, which I am very excited about! More to come on that as it happens; I will be in Pesaro, Italy from beginning of January, working at Marco Morosini's Studio.

Currently I have just finished my fourth week at the How To Spend It Magazine, at The Financial Times in London. I am staying on for a couple more weeks up until Christmas, as I'm really enjoying myself. It is a small-ish team of people: Editor, two designers, two picture researchers, a subs team, and some admin people, but everyone is very friendly and they all work suprisingly hard! Everyones on the go all the time, it's a busy time of year I guess! I've been helping out around the office with various issues, as at the moment they are working on one every couple of weeks, rather than monthly. I have been doing some page layouts for the January and February issues; it'll be very exciting to see my work in print! I've also been to a few photo shoots, a couple of product shoots at studios and a portrait of a couple of art dealers.

My sketchbook (above) is looking a bit worse for wear, nothing a bit of tape and sprucing up can sort out, and hopefully it'll last me until the end of year and develop as I go on. It's been really good to see the magazine industry and they way the world works outside of university. I look forward to my last couple of weeks at the FT and going to Italy (if not slightly nervous about that!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Older Home